Thursday, October 6, 2011

We get it. You're busy.

But I just don't understand why I'm so busy. It's like moment to moment is scheduled to the hour for the next few days. I'm actually very happy about that. It is a good feeling. What's not a good feeling is the overwhelming desire to drink.

Tonight I worked (yes I actually made money for the first time in a week) at a catering job. I hate catering jobs. Setting up crap (I hate) standing around (despise) have no personal interaction with guests while picking up their crap (agony) and finally cleaning up and breaking down (somebody shoot me.) Catering takes everything I love about waiting tables and replaces it with tedium. And to top it all off there was alcohol. Tons of it. Cases of beer. Gallons of liquor. Jugs of 12 year Dewards. As my fellow caters got done, they were allowed to have some. I was sure I was going to cave tonight. Boredom mixed with available alcohol? What's a recovering alcoholic going to do? But some how, some way, I made it. I had a diet coke instead. That's why I'm up at 2:30 am.

Wanted to do a short post. May write another one tomorrow (which would actually be today.) And I need to write another post to mackjackandjill. I've got a couple of ideas. It should be good.

Finally, I would say that very few people have access to this blog and even less read it. I think the only people who might skim these pages are Feiya, Zach, Janelle, Matt, Tyler, and possibly Alice. If anyone is reading this blog please leave comments because a future post is going to be very personal.

Peace
New Pornographers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiVVg8Pjcbk

2 comments:

  1. Hey, do you read QC? I saw this a few days ago and thought of you:
    tumblr.com/x8o526n7ef

    I was going to send it to you then, but I don't know how sensitive you are about the drinking thing and whether or not it will help or not...but now that I'm leaving a comment, I thought, fuck it, might as well be optimistic.

    Zach and I are going to China tomorrow! We'll be back in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I just saw your post today. I messaged the guy. Have fun in China!

    ReplyDelete