Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How the hell'd I get busy?

The posts on this site will likely suffer in frequency. Sorry Feiya and Janelle. But that's because I'm starting a new blog. I've purposefully kept this one private so I could write about more private things. Now it's time for me to start a new blog that's more public. So please visit...dun dun dun duh!...https://mackjackandjill.wordpress.com/ It's brand spankin' new(so it's very unpolished.) It basically filters my New York experience through three different character. So rather than blogging in a journal fashion, I have some fiction and character development. It still needs a lot of work, but I figured it was better that I get something up rather than keeping it as an idea in my head.  The events that happen on MackJackandJill will likely be my own experiences with "poetic/dramatic licence." So keep coming back here, cause I might have the truer event posted.

Otherwise, I finished the first draft of my new play yesterday. I did figure out the last sentences and I'm pretty happy with it. Sent it to my wonderful friend Julia and she seemed to really enjoy it. Now I start rewriting Same River Twice for Hudson Warehouse's play reading series. I really don't want to rewrite that play. For me, it's done and I'm happy with it. But that's not the way the world works. Oy. It's like digging up a grave and prying open the coffin. I think I'm going to start by cutting everything I possibly can. Then, I have to completely restructure the 2nd half. It's going to suck and I've got 2 weeks.

Thursday night I'm helping someone do a catering job. It is such a relief to work and have money coming in. I've been in super thrifty mode (any Jew jokes and I'll kill you. Looking @ you Zach.) since I left Isabellas. And it's paid by the hour so I want to work as much as possibly.

Also today I need to read the script of Ides of March. There's a writer's group I joined when I first got here that sends out the scripts to movies, we read them, meet up see the movie, then discuss it at a bar afterwards. I did it for the movie Source Code. It was really cool to see how much the movie had changed. The girl in the movie was much more interesting in the script. But since it meets on Sundays there was no way I could attend while working at Isabellas. But now I'm free.

Okay, I've put off mutilating my own script long enough. Time to get to work. Check out the new blog. Peace.

The only Weezer song I like on the Green Album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDR50xgbqdQ

No comments:

Post a Comment