Now I'm about 2 and a half weeks into my unemployment and the struggle has been my wavering degrees of focus. It all depends on what I do first in the morning. If I get up and start writing I'm good. If I do anything else, I'm fucked.
With the TV writing class I have to do much character research. (I'm doing 30 Rock) 2 pages for each main character, 1 page for supporting characters, half a page for misc characters, etc. Also I need to be familiar with all my class mates' TV shows. I can't believe how draining watching TV is. It's one thing to come home from work and watch an episode of something as I have a shot and a beer as I go to bed. It's another thing to be sober and start your day with it. It's just hard to ramp back up. I am also facing the fact that I NEVER developed researching skills. Thank you Texas public schooling. I mean I have the Wikipedia pages in front of me. All I have to do is copy the damn stuff. But I find myself resisting that because I want to take something from it. But there is so much characterization over the 5 years 30 Rock has been on. Also, most of the characterization is fake and not meant to drive the character but merely a punchline to some obscure joke. Unlike if I were doing a play, I would know that every piece of information were important, for this it's not. But the fan sites and Wikipedia pages include as many of the random fact/jokes as possible. So in order to decided if it's relevant, I end up going to Netflix and watch an episode. Which obviously delays the characterization document and also muddies my brain. Oy.
I also have no idea how to look for a job. I check Mandy.com each day and end up sending my resume to one or two jobs, but that's not leading anywhere. As for Magnus Rex, they called me yesterday telling me I wasn't needed after all. Bummer. Guess I'll just be playing Batman in Arkham City.
Went on a date with a cute Jewish girl last night. There was more chemistry there than I expected. But I fear we may not be sexually compatible. Feiya, Zach, Tyler, (maybe Matt?) you guys know what I'm talking about. The other one or two of you, if you really want to know, ask. But you probably don't. I just get the vibe (and from her response to certain OkCupid questions,) she's vanilla.
Shows I'm catching up on:
Parenthood
Bored to Death
Parks and Recreation
Mad Men
Plus I'm rewatching a lot of 30 Rock.
Different kind of song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWTVEIEAMb0&feature=related
No comments:
Post a Comment