Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wow. All I want is a beer right now. This sucks. I didn't write anything today. I went to Rosh Hashana services. Came home for about two hours then it was off to Aunt Fran and Uncle Stan's for dinner. I decided to download the Kindle app for my phone so I wouldn't have to carry my Kindle around and I'd read in the car. I get pretty motion sick when I do that so I bought Dramamine. Unfortunately, the Dramamine made me feel really sick in the car, then when we finally got to Aunt Fran and Uncle Stan's made me so drowsy that I had to fight to stay awake the whole time.

Now I'm home. Having every night free, no drinking, and not having any friends who aren't working is a bad mix. I can't bring myself to do anything fun like play video games or watch TV (what I used to do when I drank.) I can't go out because I don't want to spend money. And I can't focus on anything productive because I don't want to drink any coffee this late.

I tried to update my resume. I used an already made writer's resume in Microsoft Works and just changed it so all the information applied to me. But there are all these "cells" or something used in the formatting that I can't seem to make it do what I want it to. I find myself struggling to move or insert a "2009-Present" cell only to have it make half of my resume disappear. 

I've got all this tension. I know it will go away if I have a shot or drink a beer or something. But it's this tension I want to make me do what I need to do.  Despite the opinion I don't think I'm getting anything done, Matt says that each day I don't drink is an accomplishment in and of itself. Perhaps I'll try some meditation???

No comments:

Post a Comment