Someone once told me of an adage among writers. "Once the pen touches paper, it's all fiction."
Short Thoughts.
Pursuing permanent change is a push and pull.
Some days I am a man with super powers.
Some days I am a foolish weakling.
Right now I am in the later.
********
I am going to die someday.
I'm still not 100% sure I believe it. Like really believe it.
I can see myself at 55.
I'm thick like Tony Soprano. I have a bushy white goatee and think white hair. Longer than maybe I should have it. But who the fuck cares right?
My fingers are like sausages.
I'm rich. I even have a decent amount of power. I've figured out how to live life. Mostly....
I still sit at bars with a shot glass of a brown liquid.
The sadness that has plagued me all my life still sits next to me.
*******
Really like the last 3 lines of each stanza.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that face will haunt me when I'm older too.