Sunday, January 22, 2012

Keep On Keepin' On

Not too much has changed since my last post (hence why I haven't updated.) Still watching the Wire (just finished season 2) and still reading The Dark Tower. (In the middle of book 3.) I'm pretty happy with my Raising Hope spec. It could be funnier, but I think the plot moves well. If you want to read it, email me. Other than that I start a pilot writing class tomorrow. Same teacher, Jim Mendrinos.


Funny guy, great class. I didn't really want to write TV pilots, but I figure while I've got the guys ear, might as well learn one more thing.

Since I "finished" my Raising Hope spec, I've sorta tapped out on writing. I'll take a pass through on the script once a day, but then I end up wasting my time bumming around the internet. So I've started looking into TV writing contests. I've got the 30 Rock script which I'm proud of. Might as well do something with it. However I'm scared I've made some invisible blunder/typo. These contests average around 40 bucks a pop so I'd hate to have my script tossed out because of something stupid.

Only other thing going on is some dating. I've been mostly getting dates off of OkCupid. I've gotten a lot more dates here in NYC than I ever did in Seattle. Had a date on Friday, have one today, and one tomorrow. Maybe it's because my profile is better. Girls seem to really respond to the last part about "You should message me if." Dating in and of itself sucks. Maybe I go about it old fashioned, but I've spent a lot on food/coffee and not gotten any traction. I usually get to the date and I'm either not attracted to them or there's nothing to latch on to in the conversation. You just sorta go from topic to topic hoping it gets exciting. I do much better approaching and getting numbers on the street or in coffee houses. But in this winter weather that makes girls fewer and farther between. But then again it's all just a numbers game.

Going to a Richard III reading today at a bar. The theatre company is Hudson Warehouse (the company that is supposed to do a reading my play.) I'll probably drink today. The moderation of alcohol is starting to get difficult. I've been letting myself drink more than I should. Nothing crazy. I had a beer on the date Friday and I didn't drink yesterday. But the resolve I had in October has completely withered away and I'm only abstaining out of pure logic. And even that's hard to hold on to.  

Song of the day. Starving Your Friends, covered by a cool girl on Youtube. (I swear if I could get this girl, that'd be the game.)






No comments:

Post a Comment