Some progress has been made in my week since the last post. So that's fun. I've picked Modern Family for my new show to spec. I can watch all of this season thanks to Hulu Plus (I think I'm the only person in America that has that) but the first two seasons are not on Netflix. What a crisis. That means I'll have to read episode synopses and character descriptions online. Which sucks because I really do learn character voices by watching. Maybe I can find some website with its server in Korea or something.
This week I edited my play Same River Twice down to 66 pages from 80 pages. (The original draft was almost 100.) Unfortunately the theatre company is really stiff on time and so they want me to cut more. Originally they're the ones who told me to get it to around 65 pages. I submitted that, then they just decided to cut a bunch of other shit out anyway. I'm not too happy. But at least it will be read on May 20th.
But after getting it to the 66 page mark, I'm pretty happy with that cut. So much so that I copyrighted it. Booya! Then submitted it to the Mad Lab Theatre company. While we're talking about submitting things, I also submitted my 30 Rock to the Scriptapalooza TV contest. TV contests cost money (around $40) but it's one of the few ways to get production companies and agents to read your stuff. Coming up is the Austin Film Festival that has a contest and a Disney Fellowship. Fellowships are better in that they are free and the prize is often times a job. So wooo! (Not to be confused with the leet speak woot.)
Meanwhile, I've compiled everyone I could remember meeting in the last 9 or so years and made a NETWORKING email list. Delving into the past dizzying. It's crazy how many people we come across and don't remember. Along with that, I've purchased the url www.eltermanproductions.com. I just have to figure out wordpress's system well enough. But an online presence will be necessary. Then I'll need to tackle business cards. Oh and I'm moving to LA in August. Cause you know, that's probably what I should have done a year ago. Oh well.
Lastly, I've started dabbling into the Paleo diet. If you haven't heard, it's the "cave man" diet. Basically, it figures our evolutionary biology has not progressed very much in the last hundred thousand years which is problematic because with the advent of agriculture (about 10,000 years ago) our diet has completely changed. Long story short, our bodies aren't meant for processing grains. The book I'm reading (pictured above) is a little much and I'm not too happy with the style. The claims are pretty grandiose (he says grains are responsible for Cancer, Parkinson's, MS, and I'm pretty sure racism [last one I made up.]) And he insinuates Government conspiracy from time to time. (With respect to the grain heavy food pyramid.) I'm a little more interested in understanding the biology of it all and he goes into that but he's pretty bad at keeping enzyme and hormone explanations concise and clear. I come away from those chapter feeling like I've read a garbled mess. But my Cross-Fit friends swear by the diet, so I'll give it its month trial and see how I feel. Hell it's Passover this week, so I'm practically on the diet anyway.
Other than cutting my hand and ending up in the ER last week and meeting a cool girl last night, that's been the long and the short of it. I'll leave you with this awesome song.


No comments:
Post a Comment