Saturday, May 21, 2011

Racy Days

"It's gone. I had it for just a second. Or rather I let myself believe I had it. And that's what's dangerous. That belief. It's crippling. The feeling it's gone. And I'm so much less the man for it. I promised myself I wouldn't fall for it again." -From a play I have yet to write.

I am starting to see my life become routine and I have to fight that. I have to always keep at the forefront why I'm here. I've said before that this city is full of people with dreams. And I can see how people get trapped in their routine and lose sight of their dream. I sent my a friend and his wife my most recent play. The wife, Madison, said some very kind works. "Well first of all I did NOT intend to sit down and read your WHOLE play tonight. So I think the fact that I did is GREAT news for you!" It was a little jarring. Sent a little jolt, reminding me that I should spend more time writing and less time memorizing the ingredients in the menu items in the new restaurant. 


I can see how people get pissed off in this city, so I'm striving to keep a log of things worth inspiring or just generally positive things. Today:
Michelle.  She's a girl I work with. She's only been at my restaurant a few months more than me but I'm ready to label her the "mother" of Isabella's. She bought doughnuts for a girl at work cause it was the day after her birthday. Michelle is always looking out for everyone. She's got a heart the size of Texas and the brain of an Ivy Leaguer. A true force to be reckoned with. 


Today's song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvN9AGmh8Fs&feature=fvst





No comments:

Post a Comment