Brendan sits at his couch playing video games. The phone rings. Brendan answers it.TOMMY I heard you lost your job.BRENDAN How? That was 20 minutes ago?TOMMY You’re mom told me. After I had sex with her.BRENDAN Dude!TOMMY Haha, bitch. Why does your mom call all your friends? It’s weird.BRENDAN It was worse when I had the colonoscopy.TOMMY Why don’t you take this as an opportunity to do something you’ve always wanted to do?BRENDAN Date a Slovakian honor student?TOMMY Better. Work in the field of waste management.BRENDAN How is that better?TOMMY Well, it’s less illegal.BRENDAN How is it illegal at all?TOMMY I’ve said too much. Hangs up the phone. The phone immediately rings.BRENDAN Hello?MOM Brendan lost his job and he still wets the bed.BRENDAN Mom?MOM Brendan? Damn speed dial!BRENDAN Stop telling everyone I have a dysfunctional urethra!MOM Gotta go! And your little sister is pregnant again.Mom hangs up the phone. Brendan’s phone rings immediately again.BRENDAN What?TOMMY Well?BRENDAN Well what?TOMMY Are you going to be a garbage collector?BRENDAN No!TOMMY (overly sarcastic) Then why don’t you look into the prestigious and lucrative world of video game design.BRENDAN Video games? I like getting stoned and playing them. I could get stoned and design them too?TOMMY Sure, getting stoned, whatever. My dad needs another garbage truck dri--BRENDAN You’re right! I’ll follow my dream of creating the great medieval sandbox cooking sim with warlocks from the future! TOMMY You’re serious? If I don’t get another driver, I’m going to have to call Crazy Eddie. No one calls Crazy Eddie.BRENDAN But where can I get training to make such a game?TOMMY I’ll tell you if you pick up this shift for me.BRENDAN Getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to me!TOMMY Yea, it’s sad when people kid themselves. Phone beeps.BRENDAN I have another call.MOM My son is a garbage man! And my husband has hermit crabs. On his penis!BRENDAN Mom! I’m going to be a game designer!MOM That’s even worse.BRENDAN No, Mom. It’s what I’ve always wanted to do!MOM I’ve always wanted to date a Portuguese lacrosse cheerleader, but those giant mascots always get in the way.BRENDAN The security guards? Yea, they suck. I love you too! Clicks back to TommyBRENDAN Tommy!TOMMY (Tommy is talking to someone in his house, while waiting on the phone.) --Twenty bucks doesn’t get you dime bag anymore, it gets you-- (To Brendan) Brendan! So the trucks leave at--TOMMY No I’m going to start my new life tomorrow. If only I knew where to get training.BRENDAN You should go to the Institute of Video Game and License Plate Design.TOMMY The Institute of Video Game and License Plate Design? What’s that?BRENDAN They teach you how to bake cup cakes. What do you think it is?TOMMY Thanks Tommy. What’s the phone number?BRENDAN Do you have a pen? It’s 1 800 how the fuck should I know?TOMMY Carefully writing down... (slowly) --the -- fuck --shoul-dBRENDAN It’s on the garbage route, next to the arcade and unemployment office.TOMMY Thanks, Brendan.BRENDAN 4 am! Brendan hangs up the phone.TOMMY I can’t wait.Cut to advertisement graphic with voice over.VOICE OVER The Institute of Video Game and License Plate Design. Call today. We’ll take you even if you aren’t Asian!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
The Institute of Video Game and License Plate Design.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment